Friendly Banter

"Happy Birthday"
Started by Michael on 10/21/2017 11:07:30 AM

Post a message on this topic

Michael
10/21/2017 11:07 AM
AcroChallenge turned 16 years old yesterday.
Rubberdonkey
10/21/2017 11:48 AM
Congratulations Michael, but most of all, thank you!

I found AC in June of 2002 Thank God! When phobia went offline unannounced, I was like a heroin fiend in need of a fix because the acro bug had bitten me baaaaaad. I don't exactly remember when phobia went offline but it seemed like over a year and in 2002 I was lucky enough to find this oasis.
fuct
10/21/2017 11:04 PM
Hbd for ac !
16 years ya say?

Really?

Lol

Ya that acro bug can bite bad donki
But i
know im could of been doing worse things with my time

Mike used to have a warning

About it being highly addictive

But as usual i did not listen,yet, all in all,

bilbolives
10/22/2017 12:35 AM
Dear Michael,

Thank you for Acrochallenge. This game provides a platform for insightful, hilarious banter that helps keep the world at bay temporarily. I daresay that acroing is a new artform, born of the confluence of temporality and novel topic prompts. Happy Birthday, AC!

Peace, Love, bilbolives
Ella
10/22/2017 4:06 PM
Happy birthday to my good friend, AcroChallenge.

Thank you Michael, and happy anniversary. Grateful for all the friends you've given me.
rehab33
10/22/2017 10:19 PM
HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

ACROCHALLENGE!!!
Sexy~Tease
10/25/2017 11:34 AM
Hau'oli lā hānau ACROCHALLENGE! I can't believe it's been that long. I have played in so long I don't even know who anyone is anymore, except for fuct and Michael. Aloha Denee & Michael... And everyone else!
Sexy~Tease
10/25/2017 11:35 AM
Well that was supposed to be Happy Birthday in Hawaiian.... Maybe we're English speaking only here...lol
fuct
10/27/2017 9:53 PM

Lol sexy
You still sitting on that rock

Swing by and. Catch us for a game sometime

Hugggz
glint
11/6/2017 6:25 PM
Cool. Flime ties bye! :)
Michael
11/9/2017 8:06 PM
Thanks guys - I think you're the remaining 8 people playing AC on a regular basis :)

I think AcroPhobia went offline in May of 2001. AcroChallenge came out of the 9/11 attacks. Business (Beacon Computers at the time) came to a complete standstill and I needed to learn new skills. My brother, Chris, suggested an AC replacement.

6 weeks later the first, really horrible version of AC was released to the world - there was much rejoicing.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but someone was trying to make an AcroPhobia clone and had been promising a release for months. They tried to make it too good.

I went for the quick and dirty approach to get the product out to market first and it worked. I learned more than just a couple of development languages with AC.

Fast-forward 15+ years and Chris owns Beacon Computers, the skills I learned from AC helped me leap-frog into a wildly successful endeavor and (don't hate) but i'm getting ready to retire at 46/47 years old.

So, if anyone has to give thanks to AcroChallenge, it's me - even though I can't play the game for shit.
Michael
11/9/2017 8:06 PM
Sorry, Chris suggested an AcroPhobia replacement :)
rehab33
11/16/2017 6:49 PM
Michael... Thanks So Much For Acrochallenge!
Ella
11/17/2017 11:33 AM
There's more than just us playing, Michael. I don't see any of the WNA regulars here, and I know there are others. You're more popular than you think. :-)

By the way, if you ever want to play, I'm a bottom feeder. I'd give you a run for your money for the last place. But seriously, please join us at WNA Monday 9:30 pm eastern, or Wednesday 8:30 pm eastern. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would get a kick out of playing with you.
fuct
11/17/2017 11:01 PM
Ty mike
For a great 20 years
Lol sorry i was such a pain,

But i did get us a Y
Ella
11/25/2017 5:38 PM
Oh, Deenie, you aren't a pain. You're interesting! Nothing not to like.

:-)
Rubberdonkey
12/1/2017 4:19 AM
Don't hate Michael? Why would anyone on earth hate you for being successful enough to retire at 47 yrs old? Hell man, more power to you!!!

Take some trips to places you've always wanted to go or sit back and watch Judge Judy, lol.

If trips are in order, may I suggest the south of Spain (Andalucia)or Italy? I've never been to Italy but it's definitely on my bucket list. I was blessed to live in Andalucia, Spain for 8 years of my life. The family that owned the home we rented became family to us and after 41 years, I was able to find them via the devil's playground, facebook.

I have been in contact with them for nearly 3 years now and I plan on taking at least ONE trip before my time is up. I can't wait....
orca
12/9/2017 7:32 AM
Michael,

I'm sure there are many more than 8 of us who still play when we can, but have found that other things prevent us from playing as often as we once did, or would like to. The fact that we still have somewhere to come and play when we can is appreciated more than you probably know.

I've made several great friends through this site, including one in particular who I probably met in the first year it was going, and I still can't get rid of (I hope she doesn't read this, or I'll be sleeping outside tonight).

So, on behalf on the only person for whom I can speak (me), many many thanks. And I hope to retire by my late 40s too ;-)

Post a message on this topic