"muslim women granted the right to forks"
Started by fuct on 9/4/2014 2:05:48 AM

Post a message on this topic

fuct
9/4/2014 2:05 AM
brain s
said something last night
about muslim women not being allowed to use forks before
but now i heare they are going to be allowed...

.....did you know that? i didn't

“We hope this gesture of goodwill today will assure our critics that the Kingdom is open to reform on all issues and is sensitive to the needs of its female population,” a spokesperson for the Saudi government says.

Saudi Arabia has banned women from using forks since its formation in 1932 over fears that the utensil represented a threat to the kingdom’s conservative sexual mores.

"There is something very unclean about a woman putting four long hard things in her mouth at once," explains a leading Islamic cleric close to government policymakers.

"When a man sees a woman putting metal with such shapes into her sacred orifice, he cannot help but think the most unnatural thoughts. This measure exists to prevent sexual chaos between men and women."

wtf?
orca
9/4/2014 2:56 AM
This little story seems to have been circulating widely since about July. I'm reasonably confident it's a joke, but could be wrong. There are certainly many many rules in Saudi Arabia affecting women that are equally as ridiculous as this or worse.

Now I'm paranoid. Does this thread need to be in the "unclean" section of the board? Come to think of it, that would seem to be appropriate.
fuct
9/4/2014 4:29 AM
lol jesus roca it was just news

it wasnt dirty til you took it there

plus i never knew a womans sacred orafice was her mouth anyways
fuct
9/4/2014 4:29 AM
lol jesus roca it was just news

it wasnt dirty til you took it there

plus i never knew a womans sacred orafice was her mouth anyways
orca
9/4/2014 4:32 AM
haha Denee, believe it or not I wasn't referring to that, although that is obviously the whole basis of the joke. I was referring to it being "unclean" as in forbidden, because it touched on religion, and that might be taboo.
RealityCheck
9/4/2014 10:37 AM
This story was from The Daily Currant

"The Daily Currant is an American satirical news blog that focuses on politics, ((censor this word if you must!)) technology, and entertainment.[1] A number of its satirical stories have been taken for true news reports by press.[2]

The Daily Currant is a competitor to The Onion. According to Quantcast, the site garners over 1.5 million page views a month."

From an interview with one of the editors:

"Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world"
fuct
9/6/2014 2:54 AM

i think i was set up
RealityCheck
9/6/2014 10:27 AM
Did you hear about the teenage girl who died from hypothermia after taking the "Ice Bucket challenge"?

Don't believe that one either....and don't feel bad for believing satire as fact. Many outlets make their satire based on the news as believable as they can. In fact, some "sites have moved from satire to a simple desire to see how many people they can dupe."

Just this week, many here were fooled by the "news" story about how a sideline official was critically injured when Steve Spurrier threw his visor during the Texas A&M/S. Carolina game. (You have to follow college football to understand why this is so funny and believable)

Facebook is testing a "satire button" that would help people discern what is real news and what is fake. Trust me.....this is real!

Did you hear about the Vermont male-to-female transgender Elementary teacher who is suing the school board after being told he/she could not use the student bathroom?

Post a message on this topic