Friendly Banter

"Respite for the Weary"
Started by Michael on 9/2/2014 7:14:28 PM

Post a message on this topic

Michael
9/2/2014 7:14 PM
Welcome to the brand new area of the message board!

No... republicans vs. liberals
No... right vs. left
No... I'm right, you're an idiot
No... punks vs. hippies
No... you get the idea

Just pleasant conversation.

If you bait or start crap here it will be deleted. If you continue you'll be locked out.

On second thought, you can bash hippies here. I think we can all agree on that one. (just kidding)
metacro
9/2/2014 7:59 PM
Seems legit.
Impy~
9/2/2014 8:03 PM
Hysterical. I like it! I suspect the first Breakfast Club meeting will be joyous. :)
RealityCheck
9/2/2014 8:27 PM
Some of my best friends are hippies.....I just wouldn't want my sister to marry one.
orca
9/2/2014 8:32 PM
Love it. I'll have a macchiato and a jam scone, thanks!
Belun
9/2/2014 9:58 PM
Hmm.. now I'm conflicted. Since I don't watch the news, I'm not sure whether or not to open the "Not-So" threads just so I can get my daily dose of "Bad News Barrett" wading-through-the-muck-and-mire WWE wrestling/Springer fix .. just kidding! Thanks Michael.
Belun
9/2/2014 10:08 PM
In totally unrelated news, Bad New Barrett is out with a shoulder injury, hoping to return by Christmas and Jerry Springer is slated to appear on RAW next week. Not an eerie coincidence.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/8/17/6028947/bad-news-barrett-injury-update-wwe-return-december

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe-raw/2014/9/2/6099245/jerry-springer-wwe-raw-bella-twins
Rubberdonkey
9/3/2014 12:46 AM
This is a wonderful thing Michael. Something some of us proposed to Phlegg several years back.
fuct
9/3/2014 2:09 AM

=) what ever will we
talk about?

fabulousfifty1
9/3/2014 5:21 AM
Talk about COFFEE.. it makes my world go round.. BUT jeez hippy bashing, you're talking my era here... We wuz pretty cool... Hope the crap will stay off this site as it got old years ago.. many bailed over it... Life's short people, try to find at least one positive in your day!!!! Long live the Hippy!!! LOL..
Mr. PeaBody
9/3/2014 12:14 PM
I like it.... Cheers and good tidings to all. :):)
RealityCheck
9/3/2014 12:57 PM
We could talk about sex....I have fond memories of that.....with hippies.

or.....the weather......
RealityCheck
9/3/2014 1:01 PM
If I post on the not-so-friendly forum....am I obligated to be unfriendly?

btw, Fabby.... your team put up a fine showing with Alabama. FSU was lucky to escape Ok. State with a win.
fabulousfifty1
9/3/2014 7:24 PM
Well thank you RC.. of course we are always disappointed but it wasn't the blow out embarrassment that was predicted... Always will be a Mountaineer regardless.... If they have a bad season the bright side is people unload tickets for cheap about October.. It is gorgeous in Morgantown in the fall.. See there is always a plus.. LOL..
amysloved
9/3/2014 8:33 PM
Thank You Michael! and howdy to everyone! ahhh the hippie era! I believe I was a hippie in another life! lol
Coffee please Fabby! and RC yes FSU barelyyyy won that game! I gotta step up n get it together.. ok im headed to breakfast club thread now
MrPuzzle
9/3/2014 11:03 PM
Brilliant!

And this "truth in advertising" might prevent some newbies from getting the wrong impression should they wander in here, or should I say, "there", naively.

Great move!

P.S. It has always been a big mystery to me why people have those debates in the first place. Isn't the AC message board supposed to be *about AC*, rather than politics, social norms, and other issues of the day? (That nobody here is going to convince anyone else to change their mind about no matter how much they insult their intelligence.)
fuct
9/4/2014 2:56 AM

That,..

nobody here is going to convince anyone else to change their mind
about no matter how much they insult their intelligence.)

...any fools know
that

you musty try gently
to enourage people to see
that thier fuct up ideas are wrong
without insulting them
casue if you piss them off
they are never going to listen
and thus
not learn and we will be stuck with the ignorant bastards forever

orca
9/4/2014 3:00 AM
LOL Denee, that was classic.

I never know whether you come up with some of this stuff on purpose, or if it just happens :)
chevysioux
9/5/2014 5:55 PM
*peers in from the hallway*
So.. it's safe to return?
Rixter
9/7/2014 4:37 PM
/ME pushes chevy into the hall and calls her a dirty hippie.

.... with love. Promise. Really.

I can still cuss right? Ina friendly manner, of course.
Michael
9/9/2014 8:12 PM
Denee - it's also possible to teach by example.
fuct
9/10/2014 1:44 AM

i know that
mike

thats why i try to set a good example

lol

Post a message on this topic