Installation and Game Issues

"Stuck in the matrix"
Started by TimeTraveler on 7/17/2010 11:29:13 PM

Post a message on this topic

TimeTraveler
7/17/2010 11:29 PM
Almost every time I play now, shortly in, my game freezes, but the server still thinks I'm in, indefinitely, until somebody boots me or until the game dies, so I cannot subsequently log back on under any name. Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this?
Wayne-O
7/18/2010 2:27 AM
TT, the Acro server is generally dysfunctional for all of us at some time, but it has become more so lately. It's anyone's guess what its problems are, and as far as I know the operators are unresponsive. I believe its software is buggy, in that it snarls and hangs up occasionally due to the timing of certain acro events.

So, the only control we have is on our own end. Can you try accessing it through a different network connection to see if that's the problem? For example, if you're on a home wireless network, can you bypass that by using a direct Ethernet connection? If you're using a VPN, try acroing without it. If you have a laptop, see if the problem persists when you log in from a public Wi-Fi spot.
sissy2
7/18/2010 9:26 AM
Last night, game was freezing everyone after just a few rounds. Yesterday morning, upon entering a room, instead of the room name being at the top, I had some wild, funky, computer jibberish. Then when I exited back to the lobby, it still showed me as "connecting". So it is acting very strange for just about all of us.

Post a message on this topic