Installation and Game Issues

"Dear Michael"
Started by Rubberdonkey on 6/29/2009 12:06:55 AM

Post a message on this topic

Rubberdonkey
6/29/2009 12:06 AM
First off, let me say thank you for this great game I have enjoyed for 7 years now. I'd like to commend you on always being on top of things game issue wise and when technical difficulties have arisen, they've been taken care of readily.

Now, I guess for my whining session, I'd like to bring up the fact of Yo Romeo being banned. That is all done and good, however, if you were to take a look at the boards and the archives, Zibot, Reality Check and Crapshoot to name a few have gone over the line as well. Zibot being the most prolific offender of the rules. I wrote a post tonite about the disparity between what the masses say about Yo Romeo, yet it is ok for Zibot to pull the exact same things. Honestly, I think a quick banning of Zibot would be in accordance with the reasons Yo Romeo has been banned for.

All I am asking is that your take a glance at the boards and maybe the archives and see just how many people and how often Zibot has gone beyond the limit.

Thank you in advance,

Robert Doney
toolmeplz
6/29/2009 1:22 AM
Maybe if people were being banned from the boards this would apply but since no one has been banned from the boards none of this has any bearing on the issue of Yo being banned.
Yo was banned for something he did in the game not on the boards. Hello I can even see that. I also see why YO was attacked by RealityCheck and Crapshoot for the outrageous BS he spat off to Denee, Phlegmmy, Kalamityjn, and Imp just to name a few. None of this is either here nor there at this point because none of these people have anything to do with Yo at this point. As for Zibot well I don't know him never spoken to him only see the message board and as far as I can see he can take the crap just as well as he dishes it. Maybe others could learn a thing or two from that.

AS I SAID BEFORE YO HAS NOT BEEN BANNED FROM THE MESSAGE BOARD SO WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE? NONE OF THESE PEOPLE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM GETTING BANNED FROM THE GAME. HE DID THAT ALL BY HIMSELF.

Actually the message board has nothing to do with any of this except to keep stirring crap as far as I can see. One issue has nothing to do with the other.

Chick-D
6/29/2009 9:35 AM
I agree tool, well said!
RealityCheck
6/29/2009 5:44 PM
Well Michael:

I, too, have been a long time player and supporter of you, and AcroChallenge. I have not once criticized or insulted you as RubberDonkey and Yo have both done on the message board. I do not think I have gone "over the line" in disputing what the twins Yo and RD say. I am careful when disagreeing with someone not to call him names as RD and Yo are so quick to do. Perhaps RD can show proof of where I have crossed the line, and in return, I can show examples of where RD has crossed the line. But I have a feeling you have better things to do with your time.
I know there is a movement underway to have Yo banned from the message board. As much as I disagree with his attention-seeking and insulting manner, I am very much against censorship. It's a very easy thing to skip over Yo's posts on the message board if one wants to, or even put him on ignore so you do not see them. Over the years, I have come to respect your tolerance to the different types of people that play your word game, and post messages on your board. And thank you for starting it and maintaining it, and putting up with all the disagreements. I have checked out Acrobabble and there is much censoring going on there. Whole threads are being deleted, as well as many words can not be used while acroing. As much as I disagree with what Yo and RD say, and the rude manner in which they say it, censoring them is not the answer.
Thanks Again
Zibot
7/5/2009 9:59 AM
While on vacation last week I thought about the message board.

I think my main problem was not with regulars that have opposing views but rather with those that came to this site with the sole intent of ruining the game for everyone.

Since that person is gone I think things will return to normal, and if we all post in an intelligent polite manner we can continue our discourse without any problems.

Archibald Bunker
7/6/2009 4:44 AM
"A few of my PM messeges here said because of the bull shit on both MBs, here and in Babble they are taking a break from posting on either.

I think that's a great idea and will follow suit, though I think the bullshit will continue.

See ya in the rooms when my favorite players are there, other than that summer needs my attention."

Post a message on this topic